Awon “gbogbo” (all) over submissive women, your matter na (is) towards the end of this article, but for now, let’s discuss the movie “Babeje”
“Babeje” is an abbreviation from the Yoruba word “Ba ibe je” which means spoil that place. So let’s talk about the 2019 movie “Babeje” by Saheed Olanrewaju Bello, owner of Bigtyme entertainmnet
The movie “Babeje” was about a very promiscuous man by name Bolaji (Acted by Saheed Olanrewaju Bello). Bolaji was so promiscuous that he was given the name “Babeje” by all those who knew him. He was called “Babeje” because wherever he went to, he must sleep with anyone on skirt. Bolaji was actually not a bachelor, he was married to Darasimi (Acted by Wunmi Toriola) whom he knew was faithful to him but always accused her of cheating on him. Bolaji knowing how much of a flirt he was, went as far as monitoring his wife’s moves so that she doesn’t do the same thing he was doing. The wife felt he was just showing his love not knowing that her husband was the “Pot calling the kettle black” or better still he was the real snake under the grass.
I love this movie because it is very brief, but doing a brief movie doesn’t mean you cannot do a fan-freaking-stic movie or should I say “fan-babeje-stic movie.” For me, this movie was okay, but there lots of missing scipts.
Now all through the 1 hour 3 minutes movie, what I kept hearing was that Bolaji’s past experience with women was the reason he doubted his wife’s faithfulness to him. There was not a single scene where we had a glimpse about what the women did to him, not even a flashback scene or Bolaji narrating to someone how women dealt with him in the past; it is somehow.
Again, in the second scene of the movie, Bolaji almost hit his wife- Darasimi, but he didn’t. He had to refrain from doing that when he sighted Darasimi’s brother. I am like he did not actually touch her, so why was it that in the next scene he was telling his informant- Okele (Acted by Tunde Usman) that he slapped Darasimi. Biko, people, I don’t know o, may be na my oju (sight), did any of you see him slap Darasimi? Perhaps they edited that part out; that is a big flaw.
Moving on, Fadekemi (Acted by Nkechi Sunday Blessing) while chatting with her friend Darasimi said the husband-Bolaji battered her and made her face ugly, meanwhile I did not see any mark of torture or any sign of torture upon her life. The Yorubas usually say “Mo ri owo iya ni ara e.” So what really happened to the make-up artist? Did the person suddenly go missing? As in she was not looking battered…
Rape is a serious matter, i don’t know why Bolaji’s wife- Darasimi was not taking Adeola’s rape matter seriously. She was even being comical; funny as she tried to be, but ut was not needed for that scene. She was raped! I just screamed that…
I love the cinematography; very clear visuals. I love the fact that they made use of both day and night scenes. I love the way the actors interpreted their roles. Darasimi was of exceptional character portraying the role of a submissive wife. She also showed her skills as a “Boss lady” I really dey feel am. Then the doctor’s acting was so poor, I expected more from the doctor (Aishat Lawal). Her facial expression and gesture was zero. How can a doctor be giving that kind of expression; she showed no sympathy for the patient. Perhaps it was her first time of taking up the role of a doctor, she did not do justice to that. I have even lost count the number of times she was just closing her eyes. Also the scene Fadekemi went to see Darasimi to confess that she was sleeping with her husband- Bolaji; her acting was so poor. She didn’t act like someone skilled in acting.
But, can someone please explain Bolaji’s office to me. I thought they were into buildings. So what the heck is he doing in an office that looks constructed for tailors. The clothes, hangers, machines and many other stuffs show that the place is nothing related to a building company but a tailoring shop. I mean couldn’t they have cleared the equipment. This is really a production done by a lazy person.
In the movie, the director abi na producer did not actually give Darasimi’s brother a name so how come he suddenly has a name in the list of cast…
Okele told Darasimi that they call Bolaji “Babeje.” Meanwhile, there was never a scene where he was called that…
That house wife, as in “Charles’ wife” di (is) so stupid. Is that scene actually real? Do married woman snap with their lovers in a towel in a hotel? It is not real…
I dey feel Darasimi’s (Wunmi Toriola) boss swag in the 30minutes of the video where she handed the bag to Adeola (Bukunmi) to drop. Also where Bukunmi was really acting the submissive and loyal employee. But how can she still decide to stay back after Darasimi’s raped her? Why should she terminate the pregnancy without letting the man know first that after raping her she became pregnant ?
This movie is just the end result of all these over submissive women. At times, you need to show some men. Afterall, a popular word says “What a man can do, a woman can do better, even if na to fuck! (I did not just say that)
But really over submissive women are very gullible, easily fooled, blind like a bat and they are always in a world of their own. They discover information late, believe in lies, believer all that their husbands do and have this popular slogan “My husband loves me, so he can’t…” You better shine your eye. Aint asking you to cheat on your spouse but at times you should concern yourself about what he does and doesn’t do; sikena!
- Now this scene made me laugh, Lol at Okele when he said “The senior or junior or the middle brother.” His facial expression was also funny.
- So hilarious scene, even in the bathroom, Bolaji could not still trust that the male voice speaking to his wife was her relative, he still came out of the bathroom to spy on his wife: omaga o
@42 minutes of the movie, those prostitutes initially beat one another…
- Bolaji said he slapped Darasimi, he did not do that, perhaps they already edited that part off. @ 7 minutes of the movie.
- They should have showed the scene where Bolaji got knocked down by a vehicle.
- Bolaji kept saying that he slapped his wife while talking with the informant- Okele, meanwhile he was just about to slap Darasimi when her brother walked in…
- @ 11 minutes 17 seconds of the video, Bolaji said the reason he was over protective was because of his past experience, we have no idea about his past experience, not even a flashback scene to tell us what happened to him in the past…
- “Okurin eleyi yama o (This man don spoil)”, see how he unlocked Darasimi’s phone when she was sleeping. View @ the16 minutes 30 seconds of the video. Is that even possible?
- How come Darasimi never suspected the husband of cheating on her. She was too carefree; she for don carry disease self, because her husband was sleeping around without using condom.
- I don’t know if this scene is real, but how can a married woman be snapping that kind of selfies with a lover; smh sha @ 21 minutes
- That plant on their table: Charles and the wife’s table looks dead. God, it is like a tree with no leaves. View @ 21 minutes 48 seconds
- There is a reason why a woman cheats, there is a reason why a man cheats, we don’t know why both cheated, Bolaji talks about past experience, we don’t know his experience. For Charles wife, is it that the big muscular husband was not satisfying her the way tirin-gbekun was satisfying her?
- What happened to that Bolaji’s eyes, “se o fe ata s’oju ni (Did they sprinkle pepper in his eyes), he was always closing his eyes too quickly; virtually in all scenes especially @23 minutes 22 seconds of the video
- @ 34 minutes of the video, Fadekemi said to Darasimi, “Look at how Bolaji battered your face,” that face does not look battered to me o…
- After watching this movie, I don’t know whether to call Darasimi a gullible woman or a submissive woman or over-submissive woman?
- How come Bolaji missed the Okada man, he was following the Okada man bumper to bumper. View @40 minutes of the video.
- These doctor’s expression is so zero; a very poor acting for a doctor, and I used to like Aishat’s acting. It just shows that some actresses can’t act all roles…
- Bolaji being on the wheel chair; temporary or permanent? View@ 43 minutes of the video
- What does Darasimi mean by you will be doing like last born like “arindin, like an imbecile? @ 47 minutes 5 seconds of the video. Is she indirectly saying that last born
Confusing scene(s): Nil
OVERALL RATING FOR BABEJE
- STRUCTURE: Good Beginning, Good Middle, Good Ending
- SOUND: Good
- DIALOGUE: Good
- CHARACTERS: Familiar faces and new faces
- SCREEN PLAY: Good
- SHOTS: Bright shots
- LOCATION: Greatt
- REMARK: It is an interesting movie to watch; no dull scenes.
- RATE: 6/10
SAHEED OLANREWAJU BELLO ACTED AS BOLAJI; WUNMI TORIOLA ACTED AS DARASIMI; TUNDE USMAN ACTED AS OKELE; NKECHI BLESSING SUNDAY ACTED AS FADEKEMI; PETERS IJAGBEMI ACTED AS CHARLES; ADAMS KEHINDE ACTED AS JIDE; PEJU JOHNSON ACTED AS CYNTHIA; HABIBAT JINAT ACTED AS TEJU; BUKUNMI OLUWASINA ACTED AS ADEOLA; AISHA LAWAL ACTED AS DOCTOR; OMOTAYO ADEFEYE ACTED AS BIKE MAN; AKEEM ADEYEMI ACTED AS DEMOLA; AFEEZ IBRAHIM ACTED AS AZ; KEMI ADEBAYO ACTED AS DUPE; KOLAWOLE MERCY ACTED AS STAFF; WALE ARANSIOLA ACTED AS CLIENT; GBENGA OSHINAIGA ACTED AS MR. SAGBA; BUKOLA OLATUNJI ACTED AS JUMOKE; IREWOLE OLANIYAN ACTED AS JIDE’S GIRLFRIEND; OLAWUNMI DEBORAH ACTED AS GIRL; ADEJOLA TOBILOBA ACTED AS GIRL; OLUWASEGUN IFEOLUWA ACTED AS GIRL; OREKOYA BUKOLA ACTED AS SALES GIRL; EDHOMOR EBUNOLUWA ACTED AS CASHIER; ADUBIARAN ANTHONIA ACTED AS CUSTOMER; ADEGBITE TOLULOPE ACTED AS EXTRA; OGUNNOWO MARIAM OYINLOYE ACTED AS NURSE
SCRIPT CONFERENCE: SAHEED OLANREWAJU BELLO; OMOTAYO ADEFEYE; AFEEZ IBRAHIM
EDITOR: LATEEF OLOFIN L.A
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: BIGTYME ENTERTAINMENT OLANREWAJU SAHEED BELLO (08077413308- @OLANREWAJU_BALLY, @BIGTYMEENTPRO)
PRODUCED BY: ADABA ANTHONY
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: OMOTAYO ADEFEYE (SLOW)
DIRECTED BY: TITI JEJE
SOUNDTRACK: INDO AND BUKUNMI OLUWASINA
DURATION: 1 HOUR 3 MINUTES
VIEW IMAGES FOR THE MOVIE BABEJE BELOW
#babeje #spoilthatplace #nollywoodmovies #pepperdemgang