WARNER BROS PICTURES, A WARNER MEDIA COMPANY PRESENTS/IN ASSOCIATION WITH SK GLOBAL AND STARLIGHT CULTURE/A COLOUR FORCE/ IVANHOE PICTURES PRODUCTION
CRAZY RICH ASIANS
Oh sugar, that Peik, that Peik (Acted by Akwafina) “Oh, what a being” she practically made me laugh all through the movie. As in this film is so funny and has got my 32 teeth shining. I love their dialogue or should I say choice of words. I love the dialoge in the scene where Eleanor (Acted by Michelle Yeoh) called Rachel Chu (Acted by Constance Wu) an American Chinese and also that scene where Nick told his mum that whenever she called, it was usually because there was an issue.
The movie “Crazy Rich Asians” is a romantic comedy. Just like the title of the movie, it was about the wealthy family of Young and Khoo; they were the richest in the whole of Singapore. The heir to the Young conglomerate- Nick (Acted by Henry Golding) and the heir to Khoo conglomerate- Collins Khoo (Acted by Chris Pang) happened to be best of pals since “napping” like Nick said.
Now, Collins was planning to get married to another societal lady- Araminta (Acted by Sonoya Mizuno) and Nick his best friend happened to be his best man. Nick invited his girlfriend Rachel Chu (Constance Wu) for the wedding, who was not from a wealthy background but had overtime created wealth for herself by being the youngest Professor of Economics in the University she lectured. Nick planned on introducing Rachael to his whole family. However, on getting to their place in Singapore, Rachael found out that Nick had hidden his wealthy background from her which did not go down too well with her as she felt he was trying to test her.
When Nick finally introduced Rachael to his mum- Eleanor Young (Acted by Michelle yeoh) , she was not comfortable with Nick’s choice of bride as she felt Rachael Chu was more of an American than a Chinese since she grew up there. She felt Rachael would have the traits of those Americans-ambitious and wont let go of her post as an Economic professor to settle down with her son Nick Young in Singapore. She saw Rachael as an hindrance to her son returning home to take over the family business. She therefore made Rachael’s stay in Singapore uncomfortable in order to register her disapproval of her relationship with Nick.
But Nick was not about to let go of his true relationship with Rachael and start searching for another girl who would love him for who he is and not what he is even though his mum refused to release the family ring….
I love this movie. I love their acting; well interpreted by the actors. Michelle Yeoh’s expression was expressionless from the beginning to the end of the movie to show her disapproval of her son’s relationship with Rachael. However, when Eleanor finally approved of their relationship and released the family ring, she still did not loosen up, she was not smiling, she was still carrying that stern look; that I have an issue with.
I love the way they really emphasized how gist or information traveled fast.
I loved every music played in the movie. It was also clear the number of days, months or years that had gone after a particular scene. Great movie indeed!
SOME INTERESTING DIALOGUES WITH FUNNY EXPRESSIONS
- @ 1 hour 14 minutes when Peik Lin (Acted by Akwafina) pointed at Rachael Chu (Acted by Constance Wu) emphasizing what Eleanor (Michelle Yeoh) had said to her “As in you, you…”
- @ the 50 minutes of the movie when Ah Ma (Acted by Lisa Lu) asked Nick (Acted by Henry Golding) if he ate at all because she felt he was skinny and Nick replied that he was skinny because he missed her cooking.
- @ the 30 minutes when Peik lin was taking selfies during the Youngs’ dinner party; seriously everything about her was just funny.
- @ 8 minutes 54 seconds Nick: Hey mum, is everything okay, Eleanor: Does something have to be wrong for me to call? Nick– (Smiles) Yea, usually Eleanor: Hahaha very funny
- @10 minutes 12 seconds, Rachel picked a blue and white dress as the cloth she would wear to meet Nick’s family but her mum told her it was for Chinese funerals. Her mum picked a red gown and said it symbolized good fortune and fertility.
- @11:09, when Kerry Chu told her daughter Rachael that she may come back with a souvenir indicating ring.
- @ 11 minutes of the movie when Rachael said to her mum “ I am so Chinese”
- When Mr. Goh (Ken Jeong) told those twins to eat their nuggets so that they do not get skinny like Rachael @ 29 minutes 48 seconds- Lol
- @ 50 minutes 44 seconds, when Grandma Ah Ma said I would teach you how to make dumplings when there are not so many craning necks around… Hahaha
- Philips was invisible all through the movie, they could at least added the means of communication..
- @ 15minutes of the movie, how come Rachael told Nick that she remembered Astrid (Acted by Gemma Chan) I thought she did not know anything about Nick’s family at all
- Where does it happen that an employer sells a property without telling the employees about the new ownership prior to the new owners surfacing. It is smh; that particular scene aint realistic!
- @15 minutes of the movie when Rachel Chu (Acted by Constance Wu) said “Astrid is someone I want to be like when I grow up” I was like seriously- are they not about the same age if not age mate. With her utterance, one would think she was still sucking milk from her mother’s breast. I mean that is what primary school children usually say, not even secondary or university would say that. Not to talk of a graduate and a professor of Econs in a big University. I think they should have edited that part.
- Personally, if I am dating a guy, I would check his profile on Social media, not to know how rich he is, but probably to see his lifestyle or how people see him. So what happened to that of Rachael and Nick… Perhaps they were both not a social media person. Well that is possible.
- Sincerely, I have never watched a Chinese film where they were reading the bible, this is the first @7 minutes 51 seconds
- Should Eleanor be proud to say that her son was dating a lot of girls @8 minutes of the film
- Meanwhile, I am wondering who this guy is; the guy staring at Astrid in the last scene.
Confusing scene(s): I don’t seem to understand the last scene why Astrid was staring at some other guy, where they lovers before? I mean there was never a scene she reminisced about any guy, the only person in her oblongata was just Michael. .
Overall rating for CRAZY RICH ASIANS
- STRUCTURE: Good Beginning, Good Middle, Good Ending
- SOUND: Superb!
- DIALOGUE: The characters really flowed well
- CHARACTERS: Familiar faces and new faces
- SCREEN PLAY: Good
- SHOTS: Bright shots although there were some blurry images
- LOCATION: Terrific!
REMARK: It is an Asian movie with little or no blunder. I could feel the synergy among the casts; like they were really related. It is also a funny film, now, that Peik Lin (Acted by Akwasfina) really got me laughing all through the movie.
- RATE: 8/10
MICHELLE YEOH ACTED AS ELEANOR YOUNG; CONSTANCE WU ACCTED AS RACHEL CHU; HENRY GOLDING ACTED AS NICK YOUNG; GEMMA CHAN ACTED AS ASTRID YOUNG TEO; LISA LU ACTED AS AH MA; AKWAFINA ACTED AS PEIK LIN GOH; HARRY SHUM JR. ACTED AS CHARLIE WU; KEN JEONG ACTED AS WYE MUN GOH; SONOYA MIZUNO ACTED AS ARAMINTA LEE; CHRIS PANG ACTED AS COLIN KHOO; JIMMY O. YANG ACTED AS BERNAND TAI; RONNY CHIENG ACTED AS EDDIE CHENG; REMY HII ACTED AS ALISTAIR CHENG; NICO SANTOS ACTED AS OLIVER T’SIEN; JING LUSI ACTED AS AMANDA LING; PIERRE MNG ACTED AS MICHEAL TEO; KRIS AQUINO ACTED AS PRINCESS INTAN; TEXTING GOSSIP GIRL:STEPHANIE AUTEUNG
SCREENPLAY BY PETER CHIARELLI AND ADELE LIM
BASED ON THE NOVEL CRAZY RICH ASIANS BY KEVIN KWAN
MUSIC BY BRIAN TYLER; MUSIC SUPERVISOR: GABE HILFER
EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: TIM CODDINGTON, KEVIN KWAN, ROBERT FRIEDLAND, SIDNEY KIMMEL,
CO PRODUCER: ANDREW FISCHEL; ASSOCIATE PRODUCER: JANICE CHUA
PRODUCED BY NINA JACOBSON (PGA), BRAD SIMPSON (PGA),JOHN PENOTTI (Pga)
DIRECTED BY JON M CHU
AN ELECTRIC SOMEWHERE PRODUCTION/A JON M CHU FAMILY
DURATION: 2 HOURS
IMAGES FOR THE MOVIE “CRAZY RICH ASIANS”
Follow on IG @ogefash_july4
WATCH MOVIE HERE
#MICHELLEYEOH #HENRYGOLDING #CONSTANCEWU #GEMMACHAN #CHRISPANG