THE PURSUIT OF GOD:
“Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near” (Isiah 55:6)
Bible Passage:Judges 13: 3-7, 2 Chronicles 15:2-4″
To seek means to look for, search for, inquire about, investigate, pursue and strive after (Matthew 13: 44-46) The call to seek the Lord is an urgent one. It is our prayer that in our pursuit of God, we shall find Him and also be found of him in the name of Jesus Christ; Amen.
WHY PURSUE GOD
- God is available and accessible to his children; he is also near to them (Isiah 50:2, 55:6)
- It is a command that must be obeyed (2 Chronicles 14:4)
- He will hear and answer us when we call on him (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- God will give us rest (Matthew 28:11)
- God is the source of blessing, se we should seek Him (Matthew 6:3)
- To be able to live righteously (Hosea 10:12)
- God is the only hope of everlasting life (Titus 1:2; John 5:39)
HOW TO PURSUE GOD
- Pursue God with all your heart (Deuteronomy 4:29)
- He should be sought continually and daily (Psalm 105:4; Isiah 58:2)
- Seek Him diligently and with humility (Hebrews 11:6; 2 Chronicles 7:14))
Seeking the Lord is the source of life. Every true child of God must see the pursuit of his Father as an inevitable and highly rewarding task.
WhatsApp us on +2348087261006; we love to hear from you!
Culled from RCCG Sunday School- Students’ Manual pg 15-16