“This is a
Oh no! ” it is certainly a gas explosion!”
These and more are the various reactions of Nigerians all over the world after the explosion that happened at Abule-Ado, Amuwo Odofin, Festac Town Lagos.
The incident happened on a day most Christians gather their families and take them to church to worship God; it happened on the 15th March, 2020 precisely.
You can now WhatsApp us now on +2348087261006; we love to hear from you!
It was gathered that the explosion was as a result of a truck that hit a gas cylinder arranged in a gas processing plant close to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) pipeline.
RECOUNTING THE LOSSES
1. Esteemed members of the Community/Nation died
- Rev. Sister Henrietta Alokha was a principal at a boarding school called Bethlehem Girls College in the area the explosion happened. She died in the explosion while saving all the students of the school. She gave up her life to save others; a heroine indeed!
- The Chairman of the Abule-Ado Community Development Association, Obi Chikezie, his wife and their son- Joseph died in the explosion. Meanwhile Joseph, just did his traditional marriage.
- Emmanuel and Chisom Udoakonabi just got married. Plans to travel to Canada on Tuesday 17th March had been concluded before the incident. Chisom was also pregnant.
2. Destruction of properties
- A number of houses/ offices got razed in the inferno.
- A number of cars caught fire as well
- Millions of Naira kept in the various locations got burnt
ANY RELIEF FOR THE AFFECTED PEOPLE
The Governor of Lagos State, Nigeria Babajide Sanwo-Olu has discussed that 2 billion Abule-Ado Soba Emergency Relief fund has been set up for the victims for people to make donations for the affected people.
The State Government has taken a lead by donating 250 million naira in the account.
Three (3) Banks have opened accounts for the fund; Zenith, GTB and UBA.
All of us @Ogefash blog sincerely pray that God comforts all the affected people as well as their families.
We pray that the soul of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace in Jesus name, amen.
Reference: Guardiannigeria and www.neusroom.com
Image sources: Guardian and neusroom