The movie ‘Kara’ written by exceptional actress- Bukola Adeeyo is about ‘Kara’ which was played by her. Kara was an assassin. I loved her look. One issue I have with the film is just that ‘one look’ she carried all through the movie, and I am wondering where in the world assassins move around with guts uncovered and with just one look. The film could have ended differently rather than the convenient ending. To me, the end was just a cliché. Kara got angry with her boss after discovering that he was responsible for her mother’s death. The scenes were self-explanatory. A Yoruba movie though, but it was properly translated to English. The movie was fairly long but not tiring. The actors interpreted their roles well and they made the film interesting to watch.
• Just costume. It was difficult to tell if they had moved to the next day even after the death of Bamitale, as Kara kept on moving on with one attire even when others like her boss had changed. It wasn’t realistic at all, someone that just went for operation without covering her face and is still moving around in the same look, while those that didn’t go for the operation already had a change of cloth.
Sound wise: Good
• I wonder how a film that most of the actors were not called any name ended up having a list of names at the end of the movie. The actors were only identified with faces not with names.
• The scene where Fred visited Kara, and he sat on her chair, but it seemed something supernatural happened, and I am wondering if that scene was necessary. Because that should have told the guy that the girl was dangerous and was using a lot of voodoos.
• I loved the lead actor’s look, but I felt that should have either been her real look or her business look, with one look for both business and personal life, it would take the police no time in locating her- that didn’t really look realistic to me, especially for someone that was always on low cut and was always in the public.
Overall rating for Kara
• STRUCTURE: Good Beginning, Good Middle, Cliche Ending (Intriguing though)
• SOUND: Good
• DIALOGUE: Good
• CHARACTERS: Familiar faces
• SCREEN PLAY: Good (Cliché ending)
• SHOTS: Bright shots
• LOCATION: Beautiful locations. The perfect one for that kind of film.
• REMARK: Regardless the few discrepancies, it is one film people certainly need to watch. An action packed movie from beginning to the end with no boring scenes
• RATE: 7/10