Listen for God’s voice…
He’s the one who will keep you on track “Proverbs 3:6”
Before you date “SOMEBODY”, ask yourself the following questions…
- Am I free to be who I am? Paul writes, “Let’s just go ahead and do what we were made to be” (Romans 12:6) If you have to reinvent yourself to keep somebody happy; then, you are in a wrong relationship. If they disapprove of you now, do you seriously think marriage will improve things? Not a chance!
- Is the relationship based on honesty? The bible talks about “telling each other the truth (Ephesians 4:25). Relationships thrive on openness and trust. When deceit creeps in; it is time to get truthful in a hurry or call it quits.
- Have we established clear boundaries? If the relationship ended today, would you regret your level of involvement? The bible says “Run from sexual sin (1 Corinthians 6:18)” God made “Sex” a commitment specifically for marriage, otherwise what was intended to be beautiful and fulfilling can leave you feeling “used”
4. Is this person possessive or controlling? If so; it is a red flag. The Bible says “Love is never jealous (1 Corinthian 13:4). If you can’t make a move without the other person’s permission, you need to back off and re –evaluate the relationship.
5. How are we spending our time together? Without a plan, it is easy to get more physically involved than you should. That’s why it is good to agree upfront about establishing boundaries.
Keep God in your relationship and you won’t go wrong. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do; He is the one who will keep you on track.
Culled from The Word For today “Before You Date” pg 20.
TWFT is owned by Grace So Amazing Foundation (GSAF)
You can now #Whatsapp us now on +2348087261006; we love to hear from you