It is appalling how people are taking this coronavirus lightly, especially some African countries who think they are immune to this Coronavirus. I have heard some people say “Oh, it can’t survive in Africa, because the weather is hot”; I laugh in Spanish!
The virus is not only surviving in Africa but is also killing those infected with the virus. Infact, the reported number of death by coronavirus has so increased that has made people sit up and take the matter seriously.
Those that have even turned this “Coronavirus” issue to comedy business are now realizing how deadly the virus is…
WHAT IS CORONA VIRUS
Coronavirus is a virus found only in animals but transferrable to any human that has contact with such an infected animal. It is however passed on from one human to another. Coronavirus otherwise known as COVID-19 is no respecter of a country or its weather; as it can be passed on to any country, whether with hot or humid weather.
The virus broke out in China; it came from a seafood and meat market in Wuhan, China. The development period lasts up to 5-24 days.
HOW IT SPREADS/HOW YOU CAN GET INFECTED
- When you inhale, gasp or breathe in that “drop” which was coughed out into the air by an infected person.
- When you touch the surface an infected person has touched and you place it in your mouth, nose, eyes and so on
HOW TO STAY FREE FROM THE CORONA-VIRUS
- Avoid large gathering
- Home Isolation
And if you must go out…
- Wash your hand regularly and properly before and after any activity with soap
- Cough and sneeze into tissues, upper sleeve or elbow
- Don’t touch your face with an unwashed hand
- Avoid close contact with an infected person
- Use an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Breathing difficulties
- High Fever
- Dry Cough
They are still working on the cure!
References: WHO, BBC, FAMILYDOC.ORG
You can now WhatsApp us on +2348087261006; we love to hear from you!