We are now on IG @ogefashblog
So, I finally watched this star studded cast 2018/2019 movie titled “Chief Daddy”; I no go lie the film get plenty stars sha.
So, as I watched from beginning to the end, the only thing I saw was a duplication of the story line/ plot of Pascal Amanfo and YvonneNelson’s 2015 movie titled House of Gold although Chief Daddy kind of looks more intriguing than House of Gold (Perhaps, just the opening scene; for House of gold, they were more wordy than of “action”, for Chief Daddy it was more action blended with words.) I really dare the maker of the film “Chief Daddy” to come and challenge this write-up that they did not copy the movie “House of Gold”
Initially I was thinking that it was the same writer, producer or director, but when I took a gander at the crew after the film, it was entirely different.
So if you have not watched the “House of Gold” the movie was about a wealthy man- Dan Ansah (Acted by Kofi Buklenor) who had children from different women and wanted all of his children to unite as family which they ended up doing. He requested all his children to stay under one roof for one week to achieve that purpose. The wealthy man died afterwards in the movie. (View more about the movie here @www.ogefash.reviews)
While the movie Chief Daddy was about a wealthy benevolent man people call- Chief Daddy (Acted by Taiwo Obileye). He also had concubines and children outside his marriage unknown to his legal wife- Lady K (Acted by Jokke Silva) and the son- Femi (Acted by Falz) who always thought he was the only son. It was until after Chief Daddy’s death that secrets about his flirtatious life got exposed. To unite the family he requested that they should all stay under one roof for one week.
The two movies have the same theme of Love- Hatred- Infidelity, Disarray, Discord, Disunity and so on, so now who copied who? Of course Chief Daddy makers.
Moving on, what do I feel about the movie Chief Daddy? It is quite intriguing like I said and the characters really interpreted their roles very well. Although I don’t know how to stick it some actors not to force themselves to be funny; if comic stuffs are not just coming to you at the period you so badly want it, just let it go else you would really look stupid in the presence of viewers.
Also, there were some dialogues I was trying to understand and I am wondering if it was totally necessary, like when Remi Castle (Acted by Dakore Egbuson Akande) told the husband Tega Castle (Acted by Richard Mofe Damijo #RMD) “When you die, who would be doing all those calls for you.” Again, while they were driving down to the house of the Beecrofts, Remi was just fuming; we have no idea why she was fuming.
Still on dialogue, Chief Daddy had claimed that Lady K spent most of her time in the church, there was really no attitude, gesture or dialogue from her or rather one scene about her that showed she spent most of her time in the church; so, that scene is ironical. If it is because of the Pastor that came from her church to pray after Beecroft passed away, then I better let them know that it is normal for a pastor (If it is a mosque, na imam go show face) to always come around when someone dies even if it not from her church. Common! How can you claim that the “Lady k “ that me I saw in this movie was always spending her days in the church? If they had added a “scene where she was unwilling to leave the church despite the fact that there was no more activity, we can then conclude that she is really a church freak. Ah ah! Someone that spent most of her time in the Salon, called the Cook- Madam Pat (Acted by Patience Ozokwo #MamaG) to ask if she already bought what she told her to buy. What am I trying to say? I see Lady K as someone that loves to live a flamboyant life. All her dialogue and expression “ko tally rara mo any t’o spend time ni church.”
Also, Chief Daddy called his wife Lady K “Madam Perfect” in a mocking tune, that cannot pass as a compliment. Why did he call her that @ the 41 minutes of the video? Ba idea…
The last part of the movie is what I call unnecessary even though it is the exact proof that they copied the movie “House of Gold”. House of Gold also had that type of final scene where a man walked into the hme of the Dan Ansah after his funeral and claimed to also be the son of Mr. Dan Ansah. Same thing happened in the movie Chief Daddy, in the final scene, a female, this time they changed the gender, also walked into the compound of the Beecroft after the funaeral, she looked around. Chief Donatus asked her who she wants to see but she shunned him. So I ask again, was that scene really necessary? Perhaps there would be a continuation.
Again, on the part of M.I, they should not have given him another name like that Mr.X, he only appeared in one scene, he could have just maintained his name MI and in the cast put his name under special guest appearance; sikena.
For the cinematography, I would say clear visuals. They however used mostly day scenes with the exception of two scenes; the scene were Adaora and Damilare were together and after Chief Beecroft’s funeral. In essence, it was difficult to tell the number of days, weeks, years that had passed after a particular scene except for some few scenes.
On this legal wife- Lady K, seem to me like she had a battalion of enemies, even the husband’s laywers knew about the concubines and children. The driver also knew all of them, as they all entered the meeting, he called them by the nick names Chief Daddy used to call them (Ekanem/Ata rodo; Nike/Tomato Jos). From this film, you can be assured that if you want to know the secrets of your spouse, the best person to get it out from is the driver.
Also the way the whole family united was just baseless, like they did not know how to conclude the movie, they just did one “wuru-wuru” to end the movie. In the movie House of Gold, Freddie (Acted by Majid) inspired them to unite with one another…
Finally, the casting in “Alphabetical order” doesn’t look alphabetical to me. How can you use second name as alphabetical order; ko make sense rara.
SCENES THAT GOT ME LAUGHING THOUGH
- After the studio session, when Falz walked into the whole family singing, unknown to him that his father was dead @19 minutes. Also where he performed @ 1 minutes 17 minutes at the Party. Infact the entire party scene got my 32 teeth shining
- That scene where both Kemi and Tinu Beecroft (Acted by Kate Henshaw and Funke Akindele) chorused ‘We are not begging anybody” @ 55 minutes
- @55 Minutes where Justina approached both Ekanem (Acted by Ini Edo) and Nike (Acted by Shaffy Bello) and she tried to be friends with them.
- This Chigul di (is) so funny (She no dey force am). I love both Nedu and Chigul sha; but na Chigul I love pass. Then the scene they went to request food from Madam Tasty (Acted by Lepacious Bose @1 hour 13 minutes
- Also the scene where Madam Tasty threw bread at Bisola
- So costumely; couldn’t have asked for anything better. Thumbs up to the costumier
- Extremely tuneful and reflects the theme of the movie.
- Did Madam Pat really have the right to fire the gateman
- That Ireti Beecroft’s role was just baseless @ 42 minutes.
- During the Asoebi choice of colour-clash,, I support Justina, afterall, all through his scenes, Chief Daddy wore mostly white except the scene he wore cream.
- Wondering why nobody called Lady K to tell her about her husband’s demise. Was that how much they hated her? Even the driver and the cook?
- I thought they said Lepacious Bose is now lepa; ko jo
- @1 hour 14 minutes when Uti said we are not here for party but funeral; like seriously? Did Ekanam not tell him that Chief Daddy asked them not to mourn.
- At 2minutes 21 seconds- I thought they were cooking for a large party; I mean, how many people dey house na?
- Now, in the will, Chief Daddy mentioned that Lady K( Joke Silva) spent most of her time in the church, but there is really no dialogue or action that authenticates that. For instance, when Lady K called Madam Pat @3 minutes 19 seconds all she talked about was her trip; flamboyant living.
- There are some appearances that they could have just used as special appearance rather than give them one scene and give them a name such as MI who appeared just once as “Mr. X” in the video.
- They did not allow us know who Mr. X is in the movie, Femi beecroft (Acted by Falz) and his girlfriend- Sandra ( Acted by Beverly Osu) were just excited about seeing him. To them they know him very well, but to the viewers they don’t know who “Mr. X” is in the movie.
- At the 6 minutes 14 seconds of the video, it was obvious that Chief Daddy did not pick any of the fruit even though he was moving his mouth.
- At the 26 minutes of the video, I am trying to understand the Castles. There seems to be hatred/anger in the atmosphere between the couple. The wife was fuming all through and they never bordered to brief us on the reason for this.
- I like that look they all gave @ the 37 minutes of the video, they were like who is coming again?
- Put actions to words or words into actions? @ 43 minutes when Chief daddy was talking to Damilare (Acted by Mawuli Govor)
- So why did Chief Daddy will his property to Adaora? Did she grow up in that house?
- What about other staff in the house? They were excluded from the inheritance.
Confusing scene(s): Nil
Overall rating for Chief Daddy
- STRUCTURE: Good Beginning, Good Middle, somewhat Ending
- SOUND: Great!
- DIALOGUE: Fair
- CHARACTERS: Familiar faces and new faces
- SCREEN PLAY: Good/ Shaky
- SHOTS: Bright shots
- LOCATION: Beautiful locations; Nigeria
- REMARK: Though it has the same story line with the House of Gold, it is an interesting movie to watch. Also, I think some dialogues should have been brushed up
- RATE: 6/10
WATCH MOVIE HERE
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: MO ABUDU; PRODUCERS: TEMIDAYO ABUDU; QUEEN MARTINS ; ASSISTANT PRODUCER: NICOLE OFOEGBU
WRITER: BODE ASIYANBI; DIRECTOR: NIYI AKINMOLAYAN
WATCH HOUSE OF GOLD BELOW
BISOLA AYEOLA ACTED AS CHIEF SIMBI; DAKORE EGBUSON AKANDE ACTED AS REMI CASTLE; FUNKE AKINDELE ACTED AS TINU BEECROFT; ZAINAB BALOGUN ACTED AS IRETI; SHAFFY BELLO ACTED AS NIKE WILLIAMS; CHIGUL ACTED AS CHUCHU; INI EDO ACTED AS EKANEM; LINDA EJIOFOR ACTED AS JUSTINA; FALZ ACTED AS BEECROFT; MAWULI GOVOR ACTED AS DAMILARE KOFI MENSAH; KATE HENSHAW ACTED AS BENI BEECROFT; LEPACIOUS BOSE ACTED AS MADAM TASTY; MAYOR ACTED AS FRANK D; RICHARD MOFE DAMIJO ACTED AS TEGA CASTLE; MI ACTED AS MR X; BEVERLY NAYA ACTED AS ADAORA; NEDU ACTED AS JORO D; TAIWO OBILEYE ACTED AS CHIEF DADDY; RACHAEL ONIGA ACTED AS AUNTY AJOKE; BEVERLY OSU ACTED AS SANDRA; NKEM OWOH ACTED AS CHIEF DONATUS; PATIENCE OZOKWO ACTED AS MADAM PAT; AJOKE SILVA ACTED AS LADY BEECROFT
DURATION: 1 HOUR 37 MINUTES
IMAGES FROM THE MOVIE: CHIEF DADDY
#richardmofedamijo #rachaeloniga #funkeakindele #iniedo #kathenshaw #shaffybello #dakoreegbusonakande #jokesilva #taiwoobileye #falz #mi #chigul #nedu #beverlynaya #beverlyosu #mi #patienceozokwo #nkemowoh #lepaciousbose