Follow on IG @ogefash_july4
“NO ONE FEARS DEATH MORE THAN MURDERERS”
A PIERRE MOREL FILM;
STX FILMS; LAKESHORE ENTERTAINMENT; H.BROTHERS; TMP; AND HUAYI BROTHERS PICTURES PRESENT PEPPERMINT
So, I know that little Carly (Acted by Cailey Fleming) requested for an ice cream with a double flavor of peppermint, but I don’t think that was enough for the movie to be titled “Peppermint” As I watched the film from the beginning to the end, I was trying to figure out what peppermint has to do with the film or what happened to the peppermint exactly or how “peppermint” relates to the movie for it to be titled “Peppermint”, but I found nothing
Infact if they had titled the movie “Last Ice cream or Carley’s last peppermint, it would still be understandable. At least for both Carly and Chris it was their last ice cream, for Carley, it was her last ice cream with the peppermint flavour. It could also be Riley’s last ice-cream because the bitter experience may make her detest ice-cream, because she knows that anytime she licks it, she would always remember her family.
So what exactly is the movie Peppermint about?
The movie “Peppermint” was about a widow- Riley (Acted by Jennifer Garner) who was out for revenge. She wanted justice after her husband- Chris and daughter – Carly (Acted by Jeff Hephner and Cailey Femming) were murdered by some men sent by infamous drug baron- Diego Garcia (Acted by Juan Pablo Raba) when they were outdoor celebrating the 10th birthday of their daughter- Carly.
However, when the whole judiciary system seemed to be corrupt and have been bought by the drug baron-Diego, she was unable to get justice. They dismissed the case unjustly. This doesn’t go well with embittered Riley who took it upon herself to be the Jury, Judge and Executioner. She killed all that were involved in the murder of her family including Diego.
So who wont just love this action driven movie? I certainly can’t find anyone who would say the film is not interesting. It is interesting!
The great performances by all the actors, especially Jennifer Garner, made the film interesting to watch.
I love the movie, although there were some unrealistic scenes. For instance, Riley has been staying in an area not too far from where she and her family used to live, so how come the police were not able to discover her until after 5 years when she started dealing with those behind her family’s death. Also, the scene that Diego’s men bombed the warehouse with Riley in it and she managed to escape, the scene were those men at Diego’s residence opened the gate for the other guys; I mean it was obvious that those guys were already dead. Then the last scene where Riley was shot by the police; I swear I thought I saw the bullet hit her, but she was still able to get up on her feet. So many other scenes…
The cinematography was not that superb, although I love their dialogue. The movie has a lot of violent scenes and may not be suitable for watch for younger ones. The film was shot in a way that made it look like Riley carried out all actions effortlessly, which is not possible. The way she even robbed the gun store so easily was unrealistic…
- I am wondering, if Riley has been hiding with that same look in a closeby area for five years, how come they were not able to spot her until after five years when she started dealing with the killers of her family
- So why did people not show up for Carleys birthday @ 9 minutes 18 seconds, okay, Peg fixed a holiday get together for sameday. But Peg’s party was impromptu, so there should have been atleast one family or more at Carley’s
- How come it was the same night Chris called Mickey that he was not interested in the deal that they were killed. That means Mickey went ahead to do the job alone without Chris
- I thought the Diego asked those men to kill only Chris North @ 12-13 minutes
- The way Riley ran like that @15 minutes 32 seconds when her family was shot, I was thinking she had some supernatural powers like wonder woman or superman.
- @ 16 minutes after Riley was shot severally, I was wondering how she was able to get up on her feet.
- We don’t even know for how long Detective Stan has been working with Diego
- How long was Riley in coma?
- The judge Stevens was so cruel; Riley did not punish him well before killing him. Imagine the judge knowing fully well he was not honest about the case was now telling her “You are excused” when Riley said excuse me @ 28 minutes
- See the way those that killed her family were laughing @ 28 minutes in the court, it is so annoying that they did not show how Riley killed them, they instead showed their lifeless bodies hanging on a Ferris wheel @ 31 minutes
- How was Riley able to ever feel okay after the multiple stabs inflicted by Diego.
- Why the title Peppermint
Overall rating for the movie “Peppermint”
- STRUCTURE: Good Beginning, Somewhat Middle, good Ending
- SOUND: Good
- DIALOGUE: Good
- CHARACTERS: Familiar faces and new faces
- SCREEN PLAY: Good
- SHOTS: Not too good
- REMARK: For all those that love fast paced movies, this is one film you would certainly love regardless of the few discrepancies recorded.
- RATE: 6/10
IMAGES FROM THE MOVIE: PEPPERMINT
Follow on IG @ogefash_july4
JENNIFER GARNER ACTED AS RILEY NORTH; JEFF HEPHNER ACTED AS CHRIS NORTH; JUAN PABLO RABA ACTED AS DIEGO GARCIA; JOHN GALLAGHER JR. ACTED AS DETECTIVE STAN CARMICHAEL; JOHN ORITZ ACTED AS DETECTIE MOSES BELTRAN; ANNIE IIONZEH ACTED AS AGENT LISA INMAN; RICHARD CABRAL ACTED AS SALAZAR ANNIE; METHOD MAN ACTED AS AGENT BARKER; TYSON RITTER ACTED AS SAM; PELL JAMES ACTED AS PEG; CHRIS JOHNSON ACTED AS MICKEY; CAILEY FLEMING ACTED AS CARLY NORTH; MICHAEL REVENTAR ACTED AS ORTEGA; JOHN BOYD ACTED AS MARVIN; MICHAEL MOSLEY ACTED AS LAWYER ROBERT HENDERSON; JEFF HARLAN ACTED AS JUDGE JAMES STEVENS; KYLA DREW ACTED AS MARIA; GUSTAVO QUIROZ ACTED AS JOSE
PEPPERMINT THE MOVIE