This is a call for budding female artists, painters and photographers to participate in the Days of Dorcas Photography Competition.
How To Enter Contest:
Registration is FREE. Send in your entries on the theme “The Elegance of the African People” via the website www.art635.gallery/daysofdorcas.
- Get an accepted Art635 Artist onboarding Application to become a part of the Art635 Gallery.
- Upload 3 photographs of 72 dpi with dimension not larger than 1200 X 1800 pixels.
- The overall title of work and captions for each photograph.
- Label each work with the artist’s name, date, title, caption and Days Of Dorcas (e.g.obu_peter_2_8_2017_myface_kitten_facenumber1_DaysofDorcas).
- Year of production
- A Motivational statement of not more than 300 words of why you want to attend the workshop.
- Photographers must have full rights to the photos submitted.
A panel of judges will select twenty-five (25) participants who will attend a 6-day workshop, between 28th May, 2018 and 2nd June, 2018. At the end of the workshop, the winner and 1st runner-up will be rewarded with photography equipment worth the equivalent of N500, 000 and N250, 000, respectively.
The Days of Dorcas Photography Competition is a part of the Art635 Gallery, a GTBank Initiative launched to promote African art and culture, and the 6-day workshop will be facilitated by the following renowned Art Professionals;
- TY Bello, celebrity photographer and philanthropist
- Uche Okpa-Iroha, Founding member of Blackbox photograph
- Yetunde Ayeni-Babaeko, Founder of Camara-Studios
- Bénédicte Kurzen, French photographer
- Jumoke Sanwo, Video Art and Virtual Reality artist
Entries close on Thursday, 17th May, 2018. Click HERE https://635.gtbank.com/2018/05/wanted-female-artists-photographers-for-the-days-of-dorcas-photography-competition/ to register