SABAN FILMS AND FUNDAMENTAL FILMS PRESENT
“24 HOURS TO LIVE”
The 1 hour 33 minutes non stop action-packed movie titled “24 hours to live” was about a widowed hit man- Travis Conrad (Ethan Hawke) who was given a task by jim Morrow and Red Mountain (Paul Anderson and liam Cunningham) to eliminate a whistle blower Keith Zera (Tyrone Keogh) who wanted to testify against Red Mountain (Liam Cunningham)for his evil acts. Former soldier now turned pro hit-man-Travis was however unable to kill his target- Keith as he was being protected by skilled interpol officer Lin (Xu Qing). Travis looked for ways to locate the interpol officer and when he did, they were both attracted to each other’s body.
After a night of sexual escapade together, Interpol office- Lin entered the bathroom while Travis covertly took out her phone from her handbag in order to retrieve the information about his target’s- Keith location. He found Keith’s location and immediately left the room where they had sex to go and kill him. However, before he could get to Keith’s location, Lin got hold of him and shot him.
Meanwhile, before Travis’s death, he told Jim Morrow that he already got the whistle blower’s location. So, Red mountain felt the need to revive Travis using the new experiment he has been working on in order to get the whistle blower’s location from him. But Travis could only be alive for 24 hours after which he would die again so a ticking clock was put on his hand as a reminder of his death time. After Travis made known Keith’s location, both Jim and Red Mountain decided to make his death quick but Travis fought his way out of their building killing most of Red Mountain’s men.
Trravis’s elimination target soon shifted from Keith to his boss Red Mountain and his pal- Jim Morrow
I love this film, trust me it is what you call non-stop action movie; it started and ended with so much action-packed scenes. The constant shoot out, the chase, shattering, and a whole lot more. It was quite interesting!
However, I knew how the movie would end the moment it started. Aside the fact that it has no suspense, it was glaring that there was only one person after the life of Keith; Red Mountain, so I wonder why they did not go for his arrest. it was as if he had the liberty. The whistle blower and the Interpol officer were constantly on the run in a bid to to stay safe. Really, how can that be, Keith already mentioned Red Mountain’s evil acts and was willing to testify against him, the next thing that happens is death threat and various attacks on him and no one is suspecting him or questioning him. Really how-come?
After I finished watching this movie, I was like, what else do they need as proof to see that Red Mountain really committed the offence he was accused of.I mean it was pretty obvious who wanted Keith dead.
Another scene that got me wondering was when Lin came across Travis after killing him, the expression on her face didn’t show shock. And I am like, how can that be? She obviously killed him so there should have been that shock on her face, but there was none.
I am still wondering how the film was concluded, it surely looks to me that Travis didn’t die, he didn’t wake up in a place looking like graveyard. Also, they hardly mentioned cast names in the movie, except on few occasions for Lin. Travis has a clock that reminds him of how many minutes he has to be alive, bu that time looked so slow in the last scene.
ETHAN HAWKE, QING XU, HAKEEM KAE-KAZIM, AIDAN WHYTOCK, ANDREW MORGADO, JENNA UPTON, LIAM CUNNINGHAM, NATHALIE BOLTT, PAUL ANDERSON, RUTGER HAUER, TANYA VAN GRAAN, TYRONE KEOGH
PRODUCED BY MARK GAO, BASIL IWANYK GREGORY OUANHON EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS JONATHAN FUHRMAN GARY GLUSHON KENT KUBENA JON KUYPER, VISHAL RUNGTA, LINE PRODUCER- JANNIE VAN ASSEN
DIRECTOR: BRIAN SMRZ
• Just costume. There hardly changed clothes
• Terrific sound effect!
• After Keith testified against Red Mountain, all through the shoot out, he never had a gun on him, so I am wondering how he suddenly had access to one to the point that he pointed it at Travis and ordered him to drive. The tone in which he even ordered him to drive looked so dry
• Didn’t Lin know that she killed sales man aka Travis, there should have been that shock on her face when she saw him again.
• Why Travis asked Lin to take the car along with her- it seems like he has forgotten that he snatched the car from the owner.
• The evidence was already evident even if Keith had not dropped his testimony; all through the over one hour movie, Red mountain sought ways to kill him
• Why did Jim Morrow suddenly go cold when death was staring at his face. When others were tensed, he decided to take a drink. Was that fear, submission or what?
• The time of Travis’s death should have started ticking from the title of the movie “’24 hours’ to live”
• How the hell did Travis do that? How did he get out of that vehicle, because Red Mountain’s men really surrounded him immediately in that last scene
Confusing scene(s): Non
Overall rating for 24 hours to live
• STRUCTURE: Good Beginning, Good Middle, Somewhat Ending
• SOUND: Terrific
• DIALOGUE: Fair
• CHARACTERS: Familiar faces and new faces
• SCREEN PLAY: Good
• SHOTS: Bright shots
• REMARK: Regardless of the discrepancies recorded, it is one film people that enjoy action movies would enjoy.
• RATE: 6/10