BLACK PANTHER: “THE REVIEW”
The movie “Black Panther” is a 2018 movie about an African country Wakanda (Fictional). The people of Wakanda are wealthy people who don’t fight unnecessarily except there is a need to, even though they have all the sophisticated technologies enough to defeat any country. Their amazing technology is made possible with the help of vibranium only associated with their country and which the Wakandans also hide from the rest of the world. The vibranium is a powerful substance (like a metal) which they use to advance their technology. They used it in making the Black Panther suit along with all that is embedded in the suit, weapons and so on. In essence, the suit made with the use of the vibranium would definitely save Black Panther from bullets or attacks during a fight.
Meanwhile, after the death of the king- Tchaka (John Kani), his son Tchalla(Chadwick Boseman ) is summoned by the tribal elders of Wakanda to assume the throne. As the Black Panther, he is given an herb to drink which makes him an extra-ordinary being. This gives him the strength, speed and instinct that is beyond human.
Tchalla idolizes his father- Tchaka so much even after his death. He desires to be like him and follow his footsteps. However, when his father’s secret about how he killed his own younger brother- Njobu (Sterling K. Brown) and abandoned his son Erik (Michael B. Jordan) is disclosed, he rescinds from following his father’s footsteps but his in order to save the people of Wakanda
Not quite long after he is crowned king, the abandoned son of his uncle- Erik shows up and claims to be the rightful king. Erik who is a former black ops mercenary and with so much vengeance seeks to kill Tchalla as a payback for his father’s death. Tchalla accepts Erik’s challenge and during the traditional rite of combat, Erik defeats Tchalla throwing him over a waterfall. Erik’s major aim is to continue his father’s mission which is to use Wakanda’s power to liberate black people willingly or unwillingly
The movie “Black Panther” is super interesting; action packed and has some hilarious scenes. There was more action in the latter part of the movie; the last fight between Erik and Tchalla which lasted for about 15 minutes. Like seriously, for the over two hours that I watched this movie, there were no scenes with sex, flirting, nudity, drugs, alcohol, which makes it easy to be watched by children except the scenes where fights were carried out. They were really African in their names, dressing and languages spoken. Even the artefacts are from African countries.
Though the word vibranium doesn’t exist, it is more like a fictional word, but I really wish it did, especially in this part of our country so we could make weapons to fight those attacking the peace of the nation and defeat them without a sweat; especially in this recent offa robbery incident.
Also, I love the cast; they all interpreted their roles well and put so much energy in their acting. There was also a striking resemblance among casts especially those that were related in the movie. However, there were too many scenes shot in the dark which I really don’t know why. The film was written and directed by Ryan Coogler.
Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan,; Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke, Sterling K. Brown, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, Andy Serkis, Florence Kasumba, John Kani, David S. Lee acted, Nabiyah Be, Isaach De Bankolé, Connie Chiume, Dorothy Steel, Danny Sapani
• African costume
• Terrific! The sounds of splashing water was perfect. For instance, before Erik threw Tchalla into the water, there was this constant splash as they fought in the water.
• All through the film, Nakia was referred to as Tchalla’s former love with no single hint on what caused their split even though they made up later. Also, they didn’t even show clips on their love story, just scene where Nakia kissed Tchalla; I mean there could have been more, not sex though.
• Was there really a need for Tchalla to accept the challenge with his cousin- Erik, he was already crowned king. The challenge should have been closed on the day of the traditional right of combat after he defeated jebari.
• I thought they said four tribes settled to become Wakanda but Jebari isolated themselves? It seems more than four- watch the scene and listen to dialogues before Tchalla and Mbaku’s (Winston Duke) fight. About 22- 24 minutes…
• Is it not ironical that Erik defeated Tchalla in the first fight even after drinking the herb before the fight. Meanwhile, the herb was supposed to give him super human strength.
• Why they made it look like Africans do not believe in God but in godsss. Like seriously, Africans are religious people
• Like seriously, that was an easy kill for khlaue (Andy Serkis) by Erik. For Khlaue to have stolen tons of vibraniums from the Wakandans and escaping thereafter despite their sophisticated weapons, that means he is one tough meat.
Confusing scene(s): NIL
Overall rating for BLACK PANTHER
• STRUCTURE: Good Beginning, Good Middle, Good Ending
• SOUND: Terrific
• DIALOGUE: Good
• CHARACTERS: Familiar faces and new faces
• SCREEN PLAY: Good
• SHOTS: Bright shots
• REMARK: Very interesting to movie to watch. No explicit content and can be watched by children.
• RATE: 8/10
DURATION: 2 HOURS 4 MINUTES
WATCH MOVIE HERE