The movie ‘Oracle’ had the Igbo-eastern setting. It was an horror-thrilling movie. One film those that are easily jumpy may not be able to watch alone especially in the evening. There was nothing unclear about the scenes, each scene was self-explanatory. The ending of the movie could have been better, or there should have been another part to conclude the movie well. What would happen to Odimkpa (Peter Edochie) is still hanging in the air. The actors put up exceptional acting. It was more like they were not aware of the camera and that the whole event happened for real. There was smooth transmission in the dialogue. The use of two languages added flavour to the film, but they could have translated on the screen for those who don’t understand the language. The film was fairly long, but long enough to keep you glued to your seat and anxious to watch what would happen next. The film made use of a lot of characters which made it realistic and added more flavour to it. A proper arrangement of each scene, one could tell if it was day, noon, night, the next day or months later.
It is capable of creating an effect on the viewers as the sound used while mourning would make you doleful. Each sound employed emphasized the nature of the scene; a great special effect especially in the part where they wanted to steal the mask even to the point that stole it, the bleeding tree, the part where the sharp arrow killed one of the actors (Enebeli Elebuwa); one could deduce that something was wrong from the sound.
• In the last scene, one would wonder why the lead actor smiled before the oracle cut off his rope, though it kind of made that scene funny.
• When Odimpa asked his men to get Ukadike, we don’t know what happened afterwards, I think there should have been continuity.
Confusing scene(s): Nil
Thumbs up: There was so much creativity in terms of the mask, Ogbakiri god and the bleeding tree.
Overall rating for Oracle
• STRUCTURE: Good Beginning, Good Middle, Bad Ending
• SOUND: Good
• DIALOGUE: Flawless flow
• CHARACTERS: Familiar faces
• SCREEN PLAY: Somewhat( because of the ending)
• SHOTS: Bright shots
• LOCATION: Good location. The perfect one for that kind of film.
• REMARK: Regardless the few discrepancies, it is one film people certainly need to watch. Though, it was not properly concluded. When you watch this film, you would certainly be hungry to travel to your hometown, not to mourn o, but to celebrate as well as start-up a business.
• RATE: 7/10