In the movie ‘Super express’, all scenes were self-explanatory. It is a comic-action packed movie. There were some romantic aspects added to it but in a comic way. The film is indeed one film to look out for. And for those who hardly see things to make them show their dentition, this is one to make your ribs crack till you almost fall off your chair. It is a Chinese movie though, but it was properly translated to English on the screen. The movie was fairly long but not tiring. The actors interpreted their roles well. They made the film interesting to watch. For a number of scenes, it was hard to tell whether it was days, months, years that had passed since the last time a given character had been on screen. I love the plot twist; the point you would have thought that the courier- Mali (Chen He) and the Head of security Maggie would fall in love and end up together as couple. The funniest scenes in the movie would be the passage Mali always passed in order to bypass traffic and the treatment he always got. One scene makes you eager to watch the next scene.
The movie made use of a lot of shattering and stunts but they never bled. Infact, no injuries on the bodies of the actors, until the latter part where they put one very awkward circle on their heads and side cheeks, which to me is a poor makeup for injury.
• Just costume- nothing spectacular
• Could be better. There were some scenes the sound went off.
• I wonder how a constant reckless biker always scaled through without a scratch in the case of Mali, where he always bypassed traffic and passed a small neighbourhood where they always dealt with him. All through the film, not a slight mark, except in the last scene, but Wang Sanbiao’s own was an effort, after Gary beat him up.
• Nana claimed that it was impossible to walk around with the ugly cat statute relic when she told her fiancé-Mali that she was not holding the original, but in essence she was holding unto one, even though it was not the original.
• I really do not know what caused Ryan’s nose bleeding. Infact, I was surprised to see that, given the fact that where the actors had injuries, there was no blood gushing out…
Overall rating for Super express
• STRUCTURE: Good Beginning, Good Middle, Good Ending (Extremely hilarious)
• SOUND: Could be better.
• DIALOGUE: Flawless flow
• CHARACTERS: Familiar faces
• SCREEN PLAY: Somewhat( because of the ending)
• SHOTS: Bright shots
• LOCATION: Goo location. The perfect one for that kind of film.
• REMARK: Regardless the few discrepancies, it is one film people certainly need to watch. Extremely hilarious!
• RATE: 8/10